Author Topic: Lecture series  (Read 2117 times)

Offline lisafay

• Member*
Re: Lecture series
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 23:45:50 PM »
I'm back up in Dublin these days, and will gladly help out with and organise a sex determination workshop or lecture on same if people are interested in it still?

Steve.

I just read that back a bunch of times. For some reason I just kept seein 'sex demonstration' workshop over and over again... :D
Now i get it, it sounds like a good idea - although challenging because of the issues wit using live animals  :-\

Offline rmg

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 00:47:17 AM »
does anybody know whether or not a sexing demonstration could be held in a uni lab after hours? this could potentially sort out the "live animals in venues" issue

Offline igmillichip

• HSI
  • life may be about searching for what we've found
    • The Herpetological Society of Ireland
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 01:11:12 AM »
does anybody know whether or not a sexing demonstration could be held in a uni lab after hours? this could potentially sort out the "live animals in venues" issue

I would say trust Steve's word on this....wait to see what he has to say further.

Lisa, the lectures/workshops with live animals issue is one that will always be at the top of any agenda for the H.S.I.

I can assure everyone that if any workshop or lecture involves live animals at the venue then all correct procedures WILL have been taken.

There are no short cuts in my eyes...and there need not be if correct and proper procedures are taken.

I can't publish the CVs of the Committee members on this forum, but we have 5 Committee members who are used to following strict scientific procedures (and would have been subject to biological ethics). On the basis of Ethics, Live-Animal workshops/lectures will always be agreed on at a formal Committee sitting, and nothing will be passed willy-nilly.

Ian (and I should have logged on as Chair for this post..but..)
Frogs (Poison Dart, Pacman, Tree frogs); Fish (Killifish, Discus, other Cichlids, Corydoras, Guppies, Goldfish and more); Reptiles (Chameleons, Bearded Dragons,Geckos); Inverts (Spiders; Insects); www.thehsi.org