Author Topic: Herp Soc Info, Queries and Discussion  (Read 3740 times)

Offline Reptile-Community

• Administrator
  • Enjoy RC any problems PM me
    • Ireland's Reptile Community
Re: Herp Soc Info, Queries and Discussion
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 03:26:58 AM »
Thanks Rob for putting your say on this, i realise you away field working in central america so thank you for your time considering you limited internet where you are, it is a great cause guys, please please put your name to it, it's on the bottom of RC forum for you to do, if you need further reading click it first and get the information but to quote Rob

"If the forests go the animals go too..simple fact..

It costs nothing to sign up and make yourself aware of what´s actually going on.."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:44:11 AM by Reptile-Community »

Offline igmillichip

• HSI
  • life may be about searching for what we've found
    • The Herpetological Society of Ireland
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 13:18:48 PM »
Thanks Rob for putting your say on this, i realise you away field working in central america so thank you for your time considering you limited internet where you are, it is a great cause guys, please please put your name to it, it's on the bottom of RC forum for you to do, if you need further reading click it first and get the information but to quote Rob

"If the forests go the animals go too..simple fact..

It costs nothing to sign up and make yourself aware of what´s actually going on.."

I, as an individual, will be supporting this; and in my other role with the HSI, I will alert members to this.

In addition to RMG's quote, I often say "if we don't care about this that or the other, then when do we start caring?"

ian
Frogs (Poison Dart, Pacman, Tree frogs); Fish (Killifish, Discus, other Cichlids, Corydoras, Guppies, Goldfish and more); Reptiles (Chameleons, Bearded Dragons,Geckos); Inverts (Spiders; Insects); www.thehsi.org

Offline JP

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 21:39:12 PM »
Hey.If someone were to join the society later in the year due to financial constraints, would they receive back issues of the newsletter?

Hi Rob,
good question. (and usually 'good question' is followed by bad news...but not here  :))

Simple: if you pay full membership then you get the full years mandatory rights of a member. So, although you may have missed events, you WILL get back-issues of Lacerta for the year beginning September 2009 (if you join between Sept 2009 and Aug 2010).

The first issue of Lacerta (May 2009)was, however, a special extra for people joining before the end of September 2009....a special welcoming extra and having a special status of 'Founding Member' attached to it. There is a commitment that people will have shown who joined early....and we wanted to honour that commitment as it is the initial membership that will determine the strength at which the society can drive forward.

If anyone is interested in joining but finances are iffy then please send an e-mail to the secretary (Justine) at   secretary@theshi.org

or got to the website and hunt down the application form    www.thehsi.org

Has that answered the question?

ian

Hi Justine, I sent you an email in regards to this post!

Thanks

JP

Offline igmillichip

• HSI
  • life may be about searching for what we've found
    • The Herpetological Society of Ireland
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2009, 22:57:19 PM »
Hi JP,

Justine is off line at the moment, but should be back tomorrow to check on e-mails. She usually tries to respond as soon as e-mails are received.

Ian
Frogs (Poison Dart, Pacman, Tree frogs); Fish (Killifish, Discus, other Cichlids, Corydoras, Guppies, Goldfish and more); Reptiles (Chameleons, Bearded Dragons,Geckos); Inverts (Spiders; Insects); www.thehsi.org

Offline JP

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 09:31:01 AM »
Hi JP,

Justine is off line at the moment, but should be back tomorrow to check on e-mails. She usually tries to respond as soon as e-mails are received.

Ian

No problem
Thanks Ian

JP