Author Topic: Bearded Dragon not moving  (Read 421 times)

Offline Thoir

Bearded Dragon not moving
« on: January 09, 2017, 18:43:18 PM »
Hey guys i need some advise, my dragon today was completely not moving and eyes closed. 0 movement out of him at all just breathing. I put him in a hot bath and he drank a bit but still eyes closed and not moving I had to hold his head above water. I gave him a few drops of olive oil as he hasn't gone toilet in a week or so. I think he might be constipated/impacted. So for half an hour of no movement at all(plus for however long he's been sleeping today). I put him back in the tank and all of a sudden hes awake and wanting food with full speed. I'm really confused as what just happened.. it was as if he was dead/dying. Never seen him do that before. Hes about 7-8 years old.

Offline Thoir

Re: Bearded Dragon not moving
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 19:50:48 PM »
Little update I managed to get him to go toilet, took bit bit of effort and had to use all the tricks in the book but he did a fairly big poo. So fairly relieved about that. Hopefully he improves now.

Offline bilger

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 00:01:11 AM »
What is is diet like ??

Offline Thoir

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:44:09 AM »
At the moment he's eating Dubia roaches, Mario worms, fruit(varied) and rocket occasionally.

Offline bilger

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 20:42:43 PM »
From what I can remember Beardies especially as they get older they should have less live food and more veg and greens in their diet. Maybe if you cut down on the roaches and Mario worms as they both have hard shell's that they find hard to digest and increase the veg fruit and greens and see how you get on.

Just a taught. When I kept beardies and as they got older this is what I done and never had any trouble with constipation. I would give them a bowl of mixed veg and fruit and greens sprayed with water and sprinkled with calcium powder in the morning. They would eat it as the pleased and give them a small Quantity of live food mainly Mario worms in the afternoon. This worked well for me. If u feed live food first they will be unwilling the eat the veg and greens.

Hope this helps a bit just what I found worked for me.  ;)

Offline Thoir

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 21:16:05 PM »
This is very interesting, I was aware of this but it hadn't crossed my mind that he is getting older now.. I will give this a go for sure thanks :)

Offline bilger

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 01:08:43 AM »
No problem I hope you have him through the worst of it  :)