Author Topic: Small flies problem  (Read 314 times)

Offline Thoir

Small flies problem
« on: November 05, 2016, 16:22:58 PM »
So I have a lot of small flies in my salmon pink tarantulas planted viv, they are really small and i think they are annoying her a bit as she has kicked most of her hairs at them.. and a few at me.. anyone have ideas how to kill them? Half thinking of putting a few small spiders in from around the house..

Offline karl

Re: Small flies problem
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 20:55:48 PM »
Had them all over the house the other night. I dont know what the are but they are gone now maybe because of temp drop. Try leaving you viv dark fo a few mins and leaving a light in the next room on this might attract the flies from the viv. When you have them in the next room some fly spray should sort it or let the temp in that room drop.

Offline sally

Re: Small flies problem
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 12:21:32 PM »
they are most likely fungus gnats that have come in on recently introduced plants. they will come out when the house is warm and the adults only live a few days. they tend to die off quite quick and once you have them you need to let it sort of run its course. they are really common when starting a new bioactive viv or when you add new plants so you should always shake off any soil and rinse the roots before putting in the new plants so you lessen their numbers. fly sprays would work but would possibly put the spider at risk aswell so I wouldnt be doing that.
No longer a member.......